|
Profile
![]() Halo! Leticia Here. 23 yo. Student Nurse. Bonded: St Luke's Hospital Baby Dont You Cry (The Pie Song) - Quincy Coleman Cbox
Desires
An oven/lomo camera/nikon D40 dvd Links Pris Ang Gladys Zhong Janelle Ho Huiwen Ong Janice Leow Ivy Venus Pat Yiling Xiaohan Kerin Yumi Archives Bumming in the East
March 2008 |
Ephesians 4:26-27
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:41 PM “In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” Ephesians 4:26-27 After reaching home from the East yesterday, I opened the letterbox and found a thick Harry Potter book inside. My first thought was, the post-lady must have put this book in the wrong letter-box. I quickly scanned through the book with yellowish dog-eared pages. It looked old. Out of good-will gestures, I put it above the letterbox since it wasn’t mine or anyone else in my family. My Myanmar tenant came back home, and asked if I have seen a Harry Potter book in the letterbox, saying that it was hers as she borrowed it from her friend; and put it there for a few minutes as she went off to buy something else. I was shocked; and my mom quickly went downstairs to search for the book but to no avail. Later, from the tone of my Myanmar tenant, I know that she was a little pissed off as the book belonged to her friend etc etc. I was pissed off too, ok? Apparently, no tenants meddles with the letterbox since all the letters were for us and if she wanted to put something in there, she could have at least called back to inform us in case one of us opened the letterbox & threw away the book. I then told her that I’ll pay for the new book, reluctantly & angrily. Then I went back to my room and shut the door. I tried to recall what the front-page hardcover looks like, with a plan to get it from the bookstore the next day. It turned out that it was the 4th book from the series. Many thanks to Kerin Dajie for helping me to figure out which edition it was. (I love you) This afternoon, my mom went out to buy something. On her way down, she murmured a prayer to the Lord, hoping that the book would be there on top of the letterbox. She didn’t expect that God really did answer that prayer, that book was right on top there! I was pleasantly surprised too, now I don’t have to pay for that book anymore! God can strength our faith through small incidents like this, I’m really amazed. But I am still feeling guilty for having that kind of attitude yesterday. It occurred to me that God was gently nudging me and reminding me that He is still the One in control of every thing, big or small and I should be more self-controlled in terms of temper wise. God is so wonderful. Amen?
|